The Learning Connection (TLC) has offered adult learning, job training, and youth services in communities throughout Southeast Alaska for over 30 years.
We serve young parents, new immigrants, low-income families, laid off workers, elders looking to get back into the workforce, at-risk youth, those unable to complete high school, and anyone else needing to build their skills for further training or college.
We welcome learners of all ages and abilities, and strive to help each student realize their dreams through education.
Free tutoring, classes, and employment services include:
- Adult reading, writing and math classes and tutoring (at 6-12th grade levels)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes
- Family literacy, homework assistance, and learning “safe house” for low-income families
- Career guidance and job placements for low-income youth and elders
- Basic computer training, job search and resume assistance
- Construction and trade training
- Personalized education and career planning
- Case management and connection to other community resources
Together with the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, City and Borough of Juneau, and numerous generous donors, we operate a learning center in downtown Juneau, a family learning program in Juneau’s Gruening Park, and GED® testing centers across Southeast Alaska.
Many Juneau businesses, including Les Schwab and Last Frontier Cabinets & Millwork, offer placements for our youth and mature Alaskans work study programs.
TLC is a program of SERRC – Alaska’s Educational Resource Center.