Juneau Construction Academy offers FREE basic construction training and job placement assistance that can lead to a good-paying job in the construction industry. Call (907) 586-5718 for info.
Juneau Construction Academy Course in partnership with UAS
UAS Course Tracks
Check out some success stories!
Classes with space available now:
• Introduction to Construction and the Trades
• Safety Trainings – OSHA, CPR, Forklift Certification, Rigging/Fall Protection
• UAS Construction Technology courses
• Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship
If you are interested in a career in welding and you are unemployed or need skills to boost your employability, this is for you!
The STEP program and 75 hour course to earn nationally recognized certification in Core Construction through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) include:
- classroom instruction
- hands-on experience to prepare workers for entering the construction industry
- career guidance and counseling to help you apply for jobs or unions, as well as assist you in overcoming barriers that deter employment
Courses offered are Welding 120, Welding 151, Welding 175 and NCCER Core.
Upon completion of the courses you will be prepared to seek entry level employment with local construction companies or gain entry into local Juneau Trade Unions.
You are eligible if you have worked in a position covered by unemployment insurance within the last 5 years and need job security.
JCA and The Learning Connection are programs of SERRC – Alaska’s Educational Resource Center. The Juneau Construction is funded by the Alaska Construction Academies (AKCA) and the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
AKCA is an Equal Opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services available on request.
SERRC’s STEP program is funded through a grant from the State of Alaska, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Employment and Training Services.